Allison Franks (Hobbit.Town Jewelry)

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Saturday Shout Outs: Giacomo Designs & Mole Street Studio

Guess what day it is! It's Saturday! Woo hoo! Which means... I've got some more funky etsy shops for you to check out. Today I'd like to talk to you about two unique shops both owned by a few of my fellow teammates (thanks again Dark Traders!!).

First up is...


Giacomo Designs specializes in unique nerdy handmade crafts for the home. She uses a wide variety of materials including felt, perler beads and duct tape to make everything from wallets to hair bows. And not too long ago she opened up a new shop called Pretty Meat Stuff to specifically showcase her perler bead jewelry items!

I had the pleasure of trading with Giacomo Designs a long time ago. I really enjoy her nerdy items and she has a real talent with perler beads too. ;)

I scored this awesome Voodoo Doll pin cushion which now sits completely stabbed to bits next to my sewing machine. Isn't he a cutie??


I also couldn't resist this fantastic Michelangelo TMNT necklace!! I love the design and he's always been my favorite.. so it was love as first sight. ;) She's made the other turtles as well and she's happy to customize them for you into brooches, key chains etc. if you don't wish to rock it as a necklace.


Honestly, she's got some really cute stuff for sale so you should check it out if you have the chance. I'm in love with what I got and hope to trade with her again in the future.

Next up is...


Valerie of Mole Street Studio is such a sweet person! Her shop features her collage art, handmade jewelry and some funky supplies. I really dig her style. My favorite of her designs is Harriett the little bat girl. She's gone on many adventures now and each one is cuter than the last.

This is Harriett watching television..


And this is Harriett just hanging out..


Isn't she fun?? All of Valerie's designs are strange and kooky like this so it's no wonder that I'm in love with them all. We traded awhile back for some supplies which I had a blast crafting with, but I hope to own some of her funky art someday as well.

Here's another one of my favorite's by Valerie. This one is on wood.


Check her out if you have the chance. You won't be disappointed. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment