Allison Franks (Hobbit.Town Jewelry)

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Spider Mambo Etsy Shop Review

Today I'd like to introduce you to one of my good friend's etsy shop: Spider Mambo! First off I really love that name! Isn't it awesome?? Makes me think of snakes and spiders and other fun Halloween things. :)
It really fits too because Laurie of Spider Mambo is all about skulls!!


Laurie is a very talented artist. Not only does she create cool collage pieces, but she makes very unique hand stitched crochet items. They all have skulls of course, but they range in size and shape from small bracelets to large shawls each one different from the next. I'm amazed by her stitches and love her little doll clothes as well. I envy her skills!

Anyways, Laurie and I have had the pleasure of trading several times now thanks to the Wear If You Dare and Dark Traders team events. She was also one of the many lovely supporters that helped back my RAW Artists event. I couldn't have participated without your support girl. ;)

The first time we traded I stocked up on some very cool collage prints. They now are one display in my kooky office and provide a constant source of inspiration to my crafty mind. Most of them are from her "skull project" where she created a funky skull print each day for one whole year.

Let's check 'em out shall we?





Aren't they wild?? I love the colors! They are each individually kooky and vibrant. I can't honestly tell you which one I like most. :)

The next few times we traded I had to go for her amazing crochet pieces. I have always wanted to learn how to crochet, but never have. I'm super jealous of her skills, but look up to her also. Laurie I hope you turn into my inspiration for picking up a new craft!

I'm seriously in love with this bracelet! It's very soft and comfy and the colors are amazing! I can't stop wearing it.


And I just got these AMAZING gloves a few weeks back...


They were the perfect addition to my wardrobe. Plus, I've been on a Madonna kick and fingerless gloves are a must for that kind of thing. ;)

I highly recommend this shop and look forward to trading/shopping with her again. She never disappoints and is as sweet as can be. She's has sent me various little odds n' ends just for fun too which is super nice of her. I can't wait to see what I create from all her little doo dads. (hehe)

1 comment: