For the first installment of "Workaholic Wendsdays" I have a very special treat for you. The amazing blog.... "Chalkboard Nails"!! Not only is this blog a showcase for some of the most amazing nail art I've ever seen, but it also provides you (the reader) with all the information you'd ever need to start becoming an amazing nail artist yourself. Below you'll find a few pictures advertising Sarah's lovely work as well as a fantastic "how to" for EYEBALL NAILS!?! If I can actually pull this off (never done nail art before..) I'm going to have the most beautiful nails for the rest of my life! Thank you Sarah for being such a bad ass and making all my dreams come true. ;)
And finally.....the most bitching "how to" ever!! EYEBALL NAILS!?!?
To recreate this look, you will need:
- Basecoat of choice (CND Stickey)
- Burgundy polish for the base (Wet N Wild Buy Me a Drink)
- White polish with a round brush - read: not OPI (China Glaze White On White)
- Red jelly polish or similar sheer polish (OPI Do You Think I'm Tex-y)
- Polishes for eye colors (OPI Ogre the Top Blue, OPI Mermaids Tears, China Glaze Street Chic)
- Black polish (China Glaze Liquid Leather)
- Topcoat of choice (Seche Vite)
- A small nail art brush
- A large dotting tool, a small dotting tool, and a tiny dotting tool (or a toothpick)
- Cleanup tools - a makeup brush or Q-Tip, acetone or remover
** For more detailed instructions just head over to her website to follow the tutorial: Chalkboard Nails: Eyeball Nails Tutorial
I am excited beyond belief!!