Holy crap! It's 2014!! Can you believe it? I sure can't. Last year went by WAAY too fast. I hope you all had fun celebrating New Years. I had a nice time celebrating with close friends. I just wish I hadn't gotten sick.. :(
Oh well! Ringing in the New Year sick was still fun. Plus I got to eat some really good food! I just hope this darn cold goes away soon. I don't like it!
Anyways... so now seems about as good a time as any to lay out my New Year's goals and resolutions. Here we go!
By the end of 2014 I hope to be a successful independent business woman! That has been my dream for years now and I think this year it might happen as long as I stay dedicated and can endure the workload.
For hobbit.town jewelry:
1. I hope to keep up with listing ALL new items as they are created. It has not been good for me to continuously make product without putting it in the store to sell. That just clutters up the closet and makes me miss out on opportunities to sell! Sure, when I'm prepping for big shows it's a good idea (and so I will do it in those instances only) but once the show is finished I need to get right back to listing again!
2. I also want to continue creating and expanding my shop to include items outside of jewelry & hair accessories. It has been a long time goal of mine to create clutch bags, aprons and clothing. And the only way to get that done is to just DO IT!
3. I also aim to participate in as many art shows/conventions as possible this year! That way when I'm not selling online I can make enough to live traveling around within my area and continuing to build my fan base. :)
4. I also REALLY want to get a sign to display in my booth when I go to shows.
5. AND I want to finally invest in a freaking printer so I can print out my labels and conveniently work on custom image items from my home. I'm tired of standing in long lines and going to the library!
1. My goal is to list as many things as possible so I can clear out the clutter in my closet. I also plan to go through the pile again and decide if some of the currently unlisted items are really even worth the time and if not donating them.
1. Well that's tough. I guess to find job stability preferably within my own craft. I want to create things 24/7 and not have to worry about $$ or going to work as a waitress or anything else that ultimately isn't fulfilling to me at the end of the work day.
2. And I want to take a vacation!
And there you have it! Her's hoping that all these things are accomplished by 2015! ;)